Whilst it would be unethical, and a breach of confidentiality to discuss individual cases and their details, I will give a list of the kinds of matters that I’ve worked with as a qualified therapist:-
- Anxiety (feelings of panic or worry).
- Aggression & Violence (acting out anger)
- Anger (investigating triggers, managing responses, anger management etc).
- Child parenting (male accused of fathering a child)
- Despair (life feels worthless)
- Disassociation (mental capacity impaired)
- Drugs (recreational drugs)
- Fear of Marriage (postponing engagement)
- Gender identification (male-to-female & female-to-male)
- Grief (difficulties in losing a loved one, time of year)
- Homesickness / isolation.
- Lesbian, Gay lifestyle issues
- Life Changes
- Life decisions (reviewing choices made earlier in life)
- Loss (eg death, or loss of significance: career, home)
- Parental responsibilities (eg learning about becoming a father)
- Rape (assailant: male)
- Rape (injured party: male)
- Retirement (life changes when a partner retires)
- Self-harm (cutting, drinking, self-destruction)
- Sexual aggression (acting out rage through sex)
- Sexual identity/preferences (LGBT & questioning)
- Sexual promiscuity
- Suicidal attempts and thoughts.
- Surviving a violent attack/accident.
- Unemployment (being sacked, redundancy)
- Unidentified sense of something being wrong
- University/academic anxieties